Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Vintage Review - Blade Trinity (Dec 2004)


I have read numerous reviews of the film stating how it's a letdown and the story is choppy, etc. This film is not King Lear - It's Blade. After having missed Blade in the theatre, I eagerly rented it on DVD and loved it. Blade II I enjoyed but I felt it was a little over the top on gore for a comic book film.

Blade Trinity was kind of a mix between the two first films. There was a lot more humor in the third film, thankfully given to Ryan Reynolds character instead of having Blade firing off tacky 1 liners.

The only part of Trinity I found was a bit off-putting was during Blade's battle with Drake when Drake transformed. The CGI was a little on the TV movie level I found.

In the end - this is a film based on a comic book. If people are going to see it with some anticipation for higher meaning they will obviously leave the film with a sour taste in their mouth. If you go to see it expecting a mindless action romp for just under two hours then you'll no doubt have fun.

PS: Best shot in the film was when Blade drop kicks that guard and he hits the rafters... Priceless!

No comments:

Post a Comment